Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Dura Supreme is located in the heartland of America, amid the beautiful and scenic landscape of Minnesota. We value our natural resources (at work and at play) and we appreciate outdoor recreation during every season. Protecting our natural resources is a way of life here – it’s part of our Minnesota heritage.
- Recycling stations are set up throughout the facility to recycle plastic bottles, aluminum cans, paper, cardboard scrap and metal scrap. We even recycle the metal banding that straps many of our incoming shipments together.
- Throughout the factory, metal halide lighting has been replaced with high-efficiency fluorescent lighting which requires less energy and is easier on the eyes.
- 99.9% of our wood waste is ground up and recycled for use as livestock bedding and wood pellets for pellet stove heating units. We recycled over 3780 tons of wood scrap last year.
- Motion sensors and programmable thermostats in the office and factory minimize use of heat and light.
- Efficient radiant heat is used to heat the factory.
- Our production equipment has energy-efficient motors with soft-start technology to reduce our peak load energy requirements.
- A solvent distiller within our finish line reclaims and reuses solvent. Last year, our purchase of solvents was reduced by 75% and over 7800 gallons were recycled.
- We voluntarily participate in an energy curtailment program with our electricity provider to reduce peak power demand.